1. Why do we propose terms of service?
We want MARTEE to be the safest network possible for you, for others and for us.
Our terms & conditions is a mean to provide a pleasant experience for everyone by proposing simple rules governing the use of MARTE. Our goal is that you organize your trips, interact with other users, share your experience, and travel with peace of mind. The aim of these Terms is to propose simple, clear and understandable rules organizing the use of Martee.
The Terms are presented to you (i) when you open the app for the first time or (ii) whenever we make significant changes. You can also access them anytime on the Settings section of the Application.
These Terms are a contract which, if you accept it, binds you to TS & Com SAS (Martee). If these Terms do not suit you, you are free not to accept them at any given time. Should you choose not to accept them, you cannot use MARTEE. We invite you to read these Terms carefully.
If you have any question about these Terms and Conditions, contact us at email@example.com. We are happy to answer.
2. First and foremost, rules to protect you.
a. Your rights
MARTEE grants you a personal, worldwide, free, non-transferable, non-exclusive and revocable license without the right to sub-license. The sole purpose of this license is to allow you to access the Services and use them according to the Terms.
You can download and install updates for any of our software automatically and free of charge. You can change this download mode via your phone settings.You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell or rent any part of our Services. Nor may you reverse engineer the application or attempt to extract its source code.
Concerning your personal data, you have the right to access, rectify, delete, transfer, oppose or limit the use of your data as well as a portability right which you can exercise by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. b. The confidentiality of your information
. We encourage you to read it carefully.
We process data on the legal basis of the consent you and other users give us. You can revoke your consent at any time by sending us an email at email@example.com.
- to the extent necessary to comply with our Terms and Conditions;
- to the extent necessary to fulfill our legal obligations;
- to protect your vital interests or those of others;
- to the extent necessary for the public interest;
- to the extent necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of others), including our interests in providing an innovative, personalized, secure and beneficial service to our users and partners, unless those interests are outweighed by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require the protection of your personal data.
c. The management of your account
The security of your account: When you create your account, we invite you to create a secure and sufficiently strong password (e.g. at least 8 characters long, including upper- and lower-case letters, three numbers that do not succeed one another and a special character). This is your personal password. To ensure its effectiveness, we advise you not to distribute it, not to use the same password as your other applications or accounts and to change it frequently.
Once you have created your MARTEE account, you are responsible for its activity. Do not lend (or give) your phone with Martee installed on it to avoid anyone using your account.
If you suspect that someone hacked your account or is illegally using it, please inform us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org along with a piece of identification and your Martee login e-mail. We will do our best effort to help resolve the situation. We may need to ask you specific questions about your account activity before the alleged fraudulent use.
Notifications. You can enable notifications to be informed whenever there is an activity on the app which concerns you. You need to confirm that you allow notifications when you download the app. You can change this choice at any time in your phone settings.
These notifications are important so that you can be kept informed, for example, when someone you know sends you a message via chat.
Your profile mode. Your profile can be either public or private depending on your preference.
When your profile is private, only your followers can see your followers and following lists, and the posts you share. Other users can only see your name and following/follower count, the comments you leave on other users' posts, and your profile picture.
When your profile is public, your information is visible to other users, even if they are not your followers.
By default, your profile is public. You can change this whenever you want and as many times as you want from the application settings.
Furthermore, some information only concerns you and us: this is the information you provide us about your birth date, gender, location, email address and phone number. We use this information solely to offer you more relevant content.
While using Martee, you can follow the activity of certain people or accounts. When the profiles you wish to follow are public, their activity will be visible in your feed as soon as you follow them. However; you can only follow and see a private account’s posts if they accept your request.
On your side, if your profile is private, you will be able to accept or refuse the friends requests. If your profile is public, any user can follow you without your prior authorization. You can remove them from your list via your profile section anytime.
3. Then, rules to protect each other
a. Respect everybody’s rights
It’s vital to respect all users and third parties. This is why we must remind you of some essential rules. You may not use the Services, or allow anyone else to use them, in a way that :
- violates or infringes the image rights, the right to privacy, copyright, trademark rights or any other intellectual property right of another person (you need to publish only original content which is not copied, obtained from the internet or belongs to someone else) ;
- harasses or intimidates;
- defames or insults;
- solicits our users or send them unwanted messages;
- promotes commercial offers, promotional codes or personal creations without our written consent;
- proselytizes or discusses religious topics unrelated to travel or travel arrangements;
- relates to commercial or non-commercial advertising.
- or which amounts to solicitation.
At the same time, these Conditions do not give you the right to do the following (or to allow anyone else to do so):
- use the trademarks, logos, drawings, photos, videos or other material appearing in our Services;
- copy, store, download, distribute, publish, broadcast, perform, display, provide, or use all or any part of the Services (or any content within the Services) except as permitted by these Terms;
- use the Services, tools provided by the Services or any content within the Services, for commercial purposes without our written consent.
b. Ensure each and everyone’s security
We need to keep MARTEE safe for everyone. Unfortunately, we cannot 100% guarantee this and we need you and other users to ensure this security. When you use the Services, you therefore commit :
- to be over 18 years old,
- not to have had your account deactivated for violation of the Terms or of the law;
- not to use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms;
- not to usurp someone else’s identity;
- not to use any automated means or interface to access the Services, or to extract information about other users (such as a "bot", "spider", "crawler", or any other type of robot);
- not to use or develop third party applications that will interact with the Services or with other users' content or information without our written consent;
- not to use the Services in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect, or prevent other users from taking full advantage of the Services or that could damage, disable, overload, or impair the operation of the Services;
- not to use or attempt to use another user's account without permission;
- not to publish pornographic content, scenes of violence, threats, hate speech, incitement to violence, political or religious propaganda;
- not to publish nude images (this prohibits the publication of content depicting sexual intercourse, genitalia or close ups of fully exposed buttocks. This also includes certain pictures of nipples.) Nudity in photos of paintings and sculptures is acceptable;
- not to offer sexual services, promote firearms, alcohol or products related to tobacco, illegal drugs or prescription drugs;
- not to use viruses or other malicious code or else which may compromise the security of the Services ;
- not to attempt to bypass the content filtering techniques we employ or to access prohibited areas or functions of the Services.
- not to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our Services or any system or network;
- not to encourage or promote any activity that violates these Terms.
You can help us to combat undesirable content. Do not hesitate to report the publications that you consider to be contrary to the principles mentioned above; this will enable us to notice them and decide on appropriate measures.We care about your safety when you use our Services. You should also be careful not to use the app in a way that would put you in danger, or in breach of the law (for example, do not use the app while driving).
c. Our rights to ensure security
We may remove any content or information shared on Martee if we believe there is a breach of the Terms or if we are required to do so by law. We may immediately refuse to provide or stop providing all or part of the Service (including terminating or disabling an account) in several instances:
- if there is a manifest, serious or repeated breach of these Terms,
- if others’ intellectual property rights are repeatedly violated or if we are required to do so by law.
In case we are forced to delete, deactivate or suspend an account for violating our Terms or the law, we will notify the concerned user as appropriate. If you feel that your account has been deleted by mistake, or if you wish to permanently deactivate or delete your account, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. At last, rules to ensure the best possible services
Along with the rights that we offer you, you grant us certain authorizations.
- Our user license
We have no intention of appropriating your rights on what you share and have no ownership rights to its content.
However, for us to provide you with a relevant service, when you share, publish or import content protected by intellectual property rights (such as photos or videos) on or in connection with our Service, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, implement, copy, broadcast or publicly display, translate and create derivative works from your content (in accordance with your privacy and application settings).
As you know, Martee is 100% free for all our users. We created it above all because we are passionate about traveling. We want a fun app that can make our lives easier and allow us to share our good moments with our loved ones.
Obviously, as you can imagine, this project requires a lot of work and means. To finance all this and keep the app free, we reasonably position a few ads.We want to offer you interesting and useful ads and the best deals on products/services adapted to your preferences and travel interests.
You will find different types of advertising on Martee; they are clearly marked with a statement indicating the sponsorship.Your activity on Martee, the information you decide to provide and our relations with our advertising partners enable us to provide you with relevant sponsored content.
- Third-party services
If you use a feature or a service operated by a third party made available through our Services (including any Services we may offer jointly with such third party), the terms of each party will govern their respective relationship with you. Martee cannot be held responsible for the terms and conditions imposed by a third party, nor for the actions taken under the terms and conditions of that third party.
- Modification of the Services or of the Terms
We are constantly improving our Services and are always developing new features, to provide you with the most desirable and useful network.
This means that we may add or remove features or products, and we may also suspend or discontinue a Service. We may make such a decision at any time; when we do, we will try our best to give you a notice in advance, but sometimes we may not be able to do so.
We may also change these Terms from time to time. Changes will not be retroactive. The most recent version of the Terms, which will always be available on the Application and www.martee.app, will govern our relationship with you. We will do our best effort to inform you of any revisions we anticipate as soon as possible by sending an app notification or an email to the address associated with your account.
In case of substantial changes that require your express consent, we will ask you if you accept the updates to continue using Martee. For less substantial modifications, by continuing to access or use the Services after these revisions come into force, you will be bound by the revised Conditions.
- Termination right
Our primary goal is to keep you with us to help build our community. Still you can terminate these Terms at any given time and delete your account for any reason from your profile settings.
Please note that merely deleting the application from your phone will not be sufficient if you wish to terminate these Terms.
Martee can also terminate these Terms if you do not comply with them or the legislation, or for any reason of our own. If this happens, we will do our best to notify you in advance and explain the reasons for our decision but cannot guarantee it. Our right to terminate these Terms means that we may stop providing you with the Services and impose restrictions on your use of the Application. For example, we may deactivate your account after prolonged inactivity (12 months).
You can write to us, by e-mail or by post at the following addresses! And don't hesitate to be as precise as possible in the subject line of your e-mail or letter, this will enable us to handle your request faster.
: 80 rue de Glay, in Hérimoncourt (25310), France.
If you need more information about Martee, you can also look at the “About us" tab of your application which will give you details about our company.